After finally making it back to the Empire, let's really paint the town red.
- —Shirley's intro quote, Trails of Cold Steel III
Shirley Orlando is Randy Orlando's cousin and batallion commander of the Red Constellation Jaeger corps in the Trails series. After the events in the The Legend of Heroes: Zero/Ao duology, she was scouted by Mariabell Crois to become Enforcer No.XVII of the mysterious Ouroboros.
Born with a devillish grin, Shirley Orlando was raised by the jaeger code as her family owns the Red Constellation corps, the highest-ranking mercenaries in all of western Zemuria. A natural combat enthusiast who obliterates her foes with her trusty chainsaw bayonette named after herself, Shirley can be a stray little devil but still a war-zone psychopath where she eventually gained her position as batallion commander and alias.
After the Cult Incident was closed by the Special Support Section, the Red Constellation moved to Crossbell for 2 motives: their contract with the Crois family for their master plan, and finding their wandering family member, Randy Orlando, successor to the corps. Eventually, the battle between kin escalated where Randy triumphed and putting the family past aside. With the conclusion of the Azure Zero Project, Mariabell and Shirley were invited to Ouroboros as the society's new third Anguis and Enforcer.
A year and a half after the Erebonian Civil War, Shirley was dispatched under Belle's orders to recover the Phantasmal Blaze Plan from Osbourne. To her, the mission was just another excitement in the premonition of another war and battle between kin.
- Shirley's trademark rifle, Testa-Rossa, is ironically Italian for "red-haired person".
- In an unrelated note, her weapon shares the same name with the Vermillion Divine Knight.
- She was mentioned by Fie, however not named, in a character event at Roer in Trails of Cold Steel II. She wandered into the camp of Zephyr in search of a cat.
- Fie also mentions in Trails of Cold Steel III that Shirley is stronger than even Xeno and Leo .